Bachelors of Computer Applications
BCA is three Year full time graduate degree course, affiliated to MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly. The basic objective of the program is to open a channel of admission for computer courses for students who have done the 10+2 with Mathematics as one of the subjects and are interested in taking computer as a career.
After acquiring the Bachelor's Degree in Computer (BCA) is a further educational opportunity to go for an MCA or Master program of University. The duration of BCA course shall be three academic years consisting of six semesters.
Each semester will be at about ninety working days duration and is followed by an examination of the University with a small break of vacations. The admission will be governed by the rules prescribed by the State Government/University from time to time.
The following methods of instruction will be adopted keeping in view the nature of the course and requirement of practical orientation:
- Class lectures for theoretical input.
- Tutorials for individual attention and removal of difficulties in small groups.
- Seminars by students for making presentation to build up self-confidence.
- Quiz for general awareness.
- Group discussion for interaction and development of communication skill.
- Case studies for applications to industrial and business situations.
- Assignment for testing and developing student's understanding related to a general awareness of terminology used in business world.
- Guest Lectures by expert for sharing advanced knowledge and their expertise.
- B.C.A. - 101 : Mathematics-1
- B.C.A. - 102 : Technical Writing
- B.C.A. - 103 : Computer Fundamental & Programming Concepts
- B.C.A. - 104 : Principles of Management
- B.C.A. - 105 : Practical Software Lab Based on BCA-103
- B.C.A. - 201 : Mathematics-II
- B.C.A. - 202 : Programming in C
- B.C.A. - 203 : Discrete Maths
- B.C.A. - 204 : Digital Electronics
- B.C.A. - 205 : Practical Software Lab Based on BCA-202 & BCA-203
- B.C.A. - 301 : Computer Oriented Numerical Analysis
- B.C.A. - 302 : Data Structure
- B.C.A. - 303 : Computer Organization
- B.C.A. - 304 : Production & Operations Management
- B.C.A. - 305 : Practical Software Lab Based on BCA-302
- B.C.A. - 401 : Computer Oriented Numerical Analysis
- B.C.A. - 402 : Operating Systems
- B.C.A. - 403 : DBMS
- B.C.A. - 404 : Object Oriented Design & Programming in C++
- B.C.A. - 405 : Practical Software Lab 401, 402, 403, 404
- B.C.A. - 501 : Software Engineering
- B.C.A. - 502 : Computer Network
- B.C.A. - 503 : MIS
- B.C.A. - 504 : Computer Graphics
- B.C.A. - 505 : Practical Software Lab Based on BCA-503, BCA-50
- B.C.A. - 601 : DBMS Software Package
- B.C.A. - 602 : Multimedia Application
- B.C.A. - 603 : Project Work
- B.C.A. - 604 : Practical Software Lab Based on BCA-601, BCA-602
The structure of the courses keeps changing; therefore the students should refer to MTU / GBTU website (www.uptu.ac.in) for latest updates.